Thursday, November 13, 2014

Scrapper's Delight

Each month, I open my box from JBS Mercantile happily and hungrily, anticipating the delights to be found among the contents.  This layout features two of my favorite kit highlights: the exclusive items found in the papercrafting kits and the vintage treasures found in the antiquarian kits. 
The background paper and the stamp are among this month's exclusives. Since the layout is about two sisters, my aunt and my mother, I stamped the image twice, but in doing so, varied the height to represent a big sister and a little sister. 
The antiquarian kit is a struggle for me to use at times, not because it is difficult to do so, but because I want to hoard everything in it, squirreling it away while whispering, "My precioussss...." I've learned over time, however, that the items in the antiquarian kits are happiest when given homes on layouts. They make pages sing. Case in point: the frame above and the thread card and tickets below. 
It can be a daunting task, to scrapbook older photos like the ones on this page. There is a fear of "getting it wrong," or apprehension about not finding the right supplies to work with, but the JBS Mercantile kits have never failed to give me the creative push needed to tell the story, and they always help me to do so meaningfully. 


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous jill!! Enjoyed it on so many levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know exactly how you feel...I feel the same way when I see that box arrive...And I do the same thing hoarding all the goodies and am working on putting them on pages more. Love your layout, very inspiring to use everything and give it a special place on my pages. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete