Monday, October 13, 2014

From Pinterest to Scrapbook Page | Banner Inspired


Do you use Pinterest as inspiration for your scrapbooking?  Watch our blog this month as our design team shows you how they've used Pinterest as inspiration for their pages using the September and new October Mercantile Kits.

I'd love to show you how I used a poster-type ad as inspiration for one of my layouts.

I had an older photo of my boys and their friends playing backyard football. This was a very common activity for my boys during particular years of their youth and I only had this one photo as a memory, so it is a precious photo and I couldn't wait to scrapbook it!


I was a bit stuck on how to use the photo on a page until I saw this ad in my Pinterest Board: Project Inspiration.  My Project Inspiration board is a collection of images that on first glance could inspire my pages in some way, whether it be layout design, color or virtually anything.  If I think there might be some inspiration in an image, it's pinned.  I don't give the actually act of pinning too much thought!

I liked the multi-banner flag in this ad and used that idea as the springboard and main focus of my page.


I went through a lot of revisions with my banner flag,  but stuck to these main design themes:  multiple banners, different banner colors and ends, and typewriting on the banner.  After playing with varying combinations I decided on the combination above and even turned my photo into a banner piece.

I wanted to use the oversized letters in the October Artisan kit, so created my title with them and placed them as if they were exploding from the photo.  Ink splats and Artisan kit sequins draw the eye diagonally.


The exclusive owl stamp stamps a beautiful image and I embossed this one to a shiny finish.  The die-cut in the lower left of the layout is a sneak at a new cutting file coming soon to the JBS Digital Shoppe - look for it early November.  It was so perfect here, I couldn't resist using it.

Keep checking our blog as you see more "Pinterest to Scrapbook Page" examples using our monthly kits!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely! I almost always take inspiration from Pinterest boards, which show such spectacular works. I just feel humbled by the sheer beauty of them all. Hahaha! Anyway, I love your crafts and your style. Thank you so much for sharing! Wishing you a very Happy Halloween!

    Harry Newton @ AllScrapbookSteals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usted a hecho esos baners?

    ReplyDelete