Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Scrapping: Circles & Squares

We're celebrating all things summer this month at JBS, and I couldn't be happier! I love the bright colors and fun themes that accompany warm weather scrapping. Today I'm mixing some pieces from the June Mercantile Kits (Papercrafting and Historian - both of which are still available!) with Modern Mercantile papers and wood veneer. In addition, I'm combining rectangles and circles for a fun, energetic look.

I snapped this shot of Riely and her best friend Cassidy a few weeks ago on the last day of school. They were excitedly discussing all their big plans for summer, which included lots of playdates, sleepovers, and attending theater camp together.




S U P P L I E S :


For the base layer, I used the Plus One stencil and some acrylic paint to add a bit of color and texture to my cardstock.  Then I layered some paper scraps and journaling cards to form a loose grid around the photo.




The heart on one of the journaling cards was a perfect place to type in a bit of journaling. Then, to add a sense of motion and energy to the page, I cut some thin circles from coordinating cardstock as well as cutting out a circular title for my page. I arranged these three circular elements in a triangle around my photo. Both the circles and the rounded corners on the papers and photo help to soften all the straight lines and add a "flow" to the page.



A few simple embellishments - a sticker, a vintage ticket, and wooden buttons (that also relate to the circles!) are all I needed to finish this page.

The combination of circles and squares can work with so many summer page themes, from baseball to beach balls, bike riding to frisbee games, pizza parties to road trips! Together they can help you create a dynamic, lively page to tell all your summer stories.

Happy Scrapping!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment