Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer Scrapping: 7-Day Summer

One of the perks of being a mother who is also a teacher is being able to spend summer vacation with my daughter. This year, however, she is studying abroad for two months, half a world away from me. When she returns, it will no longer be summer, so before she left, we had a seven-day summer together, doing the things that we usually do together at this time of year.
The JBS Mercantile June kits include an array of papers and accents that seem made for summer pages like this one.

At the bottom of the page, I misted over the exclusive stencil found in the June Papercrafting kit. The kit also includes the numbers in a die-cut version.
The chipboard letters and shapes found in the Historian kit made their way on to the layout in the title as well as in the gathering of accents on the page.
I know that even without my daughter here, it is still summer, and I am still on vacation, but I am grateful for those short but sweet days that we were able to spend together before she embarked on her great adventure.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous page Jill!!! My daughter is going away too (for 10 months!! to the US to attend High School for 1 year), so I can relate!! LOVE the big photo and the overall design!

    ReplyDelete