Friday, May 30, 2014

Getting messy with paint and rub ons

I love that this month we are spending the time getting messy.  There are so many fun things to play with and get messy on a scrapbook layout.  My favorite things!!  Gesso, paint, mist, ink, and rub ons all are perfect messy supplies.  These products are the best for me to use to really create a page that feels like my page.


For this page about my daughter being 16 (how did that happen???) I started by covering the background with gesso.  This is a great way to create a stronger paper base.  I then combined gesso and Speckled Egg paint from the paint dauber and brushed it down the page.  I used washi tape, some sprinkled ink, rub ons and sequins to finish off the background.




Everything else is a fun embellishment.  Plenty of reminders that she is sixteen.

I hope you play with paints and rub ons and really allow yourself to try some messy techniques.

~ Corrie
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - truly one of my favorite layouts ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the silhouette rub-on!! Love your colors too! Beautiful!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout!! so happy looking!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to work those rub-ons! I love every bit of this.

    ReplyDelete