Monday, June 24, 2013

The Perfect Combination- JBS and Elle's Studio



Hi everyone! Christy Strickler here to share some more JBS and Elle's Studio Inspiration. My son is almost a teenager and I find myself looking back over the days when he was small. I guess you could say that it's a good thing I am not completely caught up with my memory keeping.When I saw the Cameron collection from Elle's Studio, I knew it would be perfect for documenting how my son has grown and changed over the years. I used the chipboard dominoes and vintage lotto cards to compliment the theme of my son's evolution as a video gamer.

It wasn't hard to mix in Jenni Bowlin products with the Elle's Studio kit. The hardest part for me was determining how to use the tags. I love them so much . I just hate to cover up any of the cute designs as I layer parts of my layout.


The answer to my dilemma is easy, but it does take a little getting used to. Simply cut your tags apart. Look for ways to cut the tag  so that you can use it elsewhere. Whether it's a different project or the same layout, cutting the tags allows to you layer without losing any of the awesome designs.


You can also add a little extra pizzazz using your craft knife. Carefully cutting the stars allowed me to slide the photo over the tag without hiding the stars.


Gently cut a slit in the tag and insert a small handmade banner. I layered a flag banner sticker over red paper tape and added some small rhinestone stars. I then carefully slid my banner into the slit.

I had a lot of fun mixing Elle's Studio products with my JBS supplies. So much so, that I made a second layout to share. I just love how the Cameron line pops on the Paraphernalia background.


Did you make a project which mixes your favorite JBS and Elle's Studio projects? If so, don't forget to share them with us here. Today is the last day for you to enter the contest.

Pin It!

1 comment: