Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Garland #12 by Lisa Dickinson

 
It has been fun to watch our Christmas Garland Project come together, piece by piece! My contribution to the garland is a simple scallop-trimmed heart with the jolly old elf himself in the middle.
Heart Garland by Lisa Dickinson
 
I started with a large chipboard heart base, covering it with a pattern from the Mini Pattern Sheet of the Holiday 2011 collection. I punched a scalloped border from the Christmas Carol Index paper and adhered it along the back edge of the heart.  The plastic Santa ornament is from the November Project kit.  I took apart the "halves" of the Santa and glued the front half to the center of my heart.  Topped off with a bit of twill ribbon, baker's twine, and a dangling chipboard button, it's ready to add to the design team garland.
 
 

Be sure and check back here, as we'll be posting the completed garland all together soon!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Oh cute cute...Only I can't do this one with the Santa. I'll have to find something else to put in the middle, cause I have done the box. But I love the heart and the scallop around the edge...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garland piece is perfect!!! Festive, cute, fancy...what kind of punch did you use please? TIA
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AnonymousCraft-tastrophe - that punch is the Stitched Scallop Border from Creative Memories :) hth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa Dickinson

    Oh, thank you.
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Christmas garland.! My mother would have been over happy, if I would have gift her the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great post! I found it very informative and I found all of your examples very helpful. The themes are great!

    ReplyDelete