Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Guest Star Bridgette Truong!

Today we have a little stamp + scissors action from guest star Bridgette Troung! Welcome Bridgette!

Excited to be back today on the JBS blog! I have 2 cards to share.For my first card, I used a card from this pack of journaling cards, which are my absolute favorite to use for cards. I also used the new Blue Ribbon stamp set, some of these mini papers, label stickers and letter stickers.


I thought I might try my hand at paper piecing, but realized after I had cut everything out that I should have stamped on TOP of the pattern so you could see the outline of the stamp, rather than behind. But I love how it turned out anyway. My son had just gotten his report card, so I had him in mind when I made it, but then I remembered that he is a 6 year old boy and really wouldn't care about the card. So I'll save it for someone else. :)

For my second card, I used another journaling card, and a mini paper from this pack. To fill in the circle on the journaling card, I used my 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out a stamped circle and sentiment. Adhere that punched circle with a pop dot for a bit of dimension, and you have a card to send to someone you love. Thanks for having me!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, I really like the look of the 'proud of you' one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, i really love how you made the blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!!
    Love how you designed the ribbon card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are wonderful! craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete