Friday, January 14, 2011

Quick Valentine Cards

IMG_2648

Happy Friday! Today I wanted to share a couple of super easy Valentine cards with you. They use some of my favorite JBS products, and (bonus!) only take about 15 minutes to make. So grab your supplies, and let's get started!

IMG_2642

Here's what you'll need:
2 card bases (folded size 4.25 x 5.5)
Red/Black Extension III papers
Soda Label - pink
Turquoise Wallpaper
Chipboard heart
Cardstock Alpha Stickers
Paint Dabbers in Chewing Gum & Soap Powder
Valentine ticket
needle & black embroidery thread
black gingham ribbon
pen

For the first card, cover the front of the card base in the Black Deco Chain paper and cover the chipboard heart with the Soda Label paper. I used the Chewing Gum Dabber on the edges of the heart just to darken them a bit. To attach the ribbon, open your card and lay it flat. Then cut a small vertical slit about 1/4" from each edge of the card. Thread your ribbon through it. Adhere the heart and then tie the ribbon over the top. Finally, use a foam square to attach the ticket next to the heart.


IMG_2649
For card two, I covered the card base with the Feed Store ledger paper. Then I cut out large hearts from the Soda Label and slightly smaller hearts from the Turquoise Wallpaper. I used my Silhouette, but you could easily use punches as well! Once cut, I decided to deepen their color a bit by applying some paint:

IMG_2640

I also inked the heart edges with gray. I love how the paint makes the heart slightly curl to give them dimension on the front of the card! I adhered the layered hearts across the card and added a tiny "x" stitch in the middle of each one with black embroidery thread. The last step is to apply the sentiment - mine is a combo of stickers and handwriting.

IMG_2651

See, aren't they easy? Both would work well to produce in mass, too, and since Valentine's Day is still one month away, you have plenty of time to make lots. Happy creating!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These are pretty without being gooey! I have a ton to make...best get crackin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely - and quite timely. I love the detailed stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must make these,could be easily adapted to other occassions too
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete