Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Garland by Amanda Johnson


I love the idea of decorating for the holidays, but unless it's Christmas, I can't seem to motivate myself to do much for the seasons! Maybe it's because I don't have children who will appreciate the decorations, but to be honest, I think it's because I don't want my home to get cluttered with "junk." My solution? Create a little festive corner in my office where I sit every day.

I decided this year I would make a little Halloween-inspired garland for the pegboard wall behind my desk. To make the garland, I used the Halloween chipboard buttons and two colors of Jenni Bowlin buttons. I also used baker's twine to join everything, but you could certainly use ribbon as well.

First, I measured out the baker's twine to be a bit longer than the area I intended to hang it. Then, I began randomly placing buttons onto the twine.

To secure the buttons, I inserted the twine from the front, and back through, knotting it at the front.

After the string was filled loosely, I took a picture frame off of my pegboard wall and simply taped the string to fasten it. Then, I placed the frame back on the wall and made sure all of the buttons were facing front.

Now I have a festive little area to enjoy each day. Until it's time to decorate for Christmas, that is!
Charming! What a sweet little Halloween treat! Thanks for the inspiration Mandi!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! love the primitive look! great idea for your wall, too . . .

    ReplyDelete