Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Wreath by Michelle McCord

I love how the colors of the JBS Homespun papers remind me of summer, so I decided to make a little wreath for display. You could also use this as a table centerpiece.

Starting the wreath I used a flower foam as a base for my wreath and wrapped the foam in some neutral white fabric to cover up the green. I then started with two strips of 2inch by 12 inch paper, and just accordian folded both strips. I hot glued two of the ends together and layed it down on the circle form of my wreath. Making sure it is the correct length (cut any excess off) I then hot glued the accordian folded paper to the wreath.

To make an accordian fold flower, I cut a strip of paper 1 inch by 12 inches and accordian folded the entire strip.

After folding the entire strip, hot glue the two ends of the strip of paper together forming the circle. Then push the inside of the circle together and hot glue the back so the middle stays. I have posted a video on YouTube awhile back that will show you how to do this if my directions seem confusing to you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QG5QsTQRlA

I used some JBS papers and butterfly stickers to give the wreath some more dimension.

What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration Michelle!
Pin It!

1 comment: