Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Guest Star Kayla Aimee Terrell!

I'm a pretty big fan of Jenni Bowlin products in general so when this collection arrived at my doorstep, I was so giddy with excitement I could barely contain myself! Then I had to explain my overzealous behavior to the mailman, who isn't quite accustomed to me gleefully hugging him. Of course, he's normally bringing me bills, so in the end I think he understood.

Here are a few things I did with the Play Date collection. I decided to scrapbook some of our engagement pictures (taken by Shannon Wright -
www.shannonseye.net) because they had a fun, playful feel to them and Jeff's shirt matched the bold colors well.

She & Him: I used the full alphabet here and switched the colors out on just our initials. I drew a freehand swirl for the butterfly and outlined it with glue and glitter. I wanted to use the number 22 for our date but the paper just had 24 on it, so I handcut a tiny 2 from another part of the paper and adhered it over the 4.

Engagement: I trimmed each photo and patterned paper to match the size of the JBS tags and then added contrasting elements to each piece. I also trimmed the center out of the bracket paper and some elements out of the JBS tags. I love that there are so many little elements included on the tags that they work well as a whole or divided up into smaller pieces. Glue dots held up the banner and the butterflies are two stickers pressed together, so that their wings are pretty from both sides, and attached with staples so they'll stand up.

Bio: A southern girl through and through, Kayla Aimee likes scrapbooking, Macy's at Christmas time, and really good fitting jeans. By day she is a social media marketing manager but by night she is a blogger and scrapbook teacher at www.littlelightstudio.net. KA's scrapbooking work has been published in several publications including Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers and Scrapbooks Etc. KA lives in a tiny little town in Georgia with her husband Jeff and their puppy Lucy. You can read about her slightly neurotic life on her blog: http://kaylaaimee.typepad.com
Gorgeous Work! Thanks for the inspiration Kayla Aimee!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. you know I love your scrapping and you of course lots!
    congrats on the guest DT..:)
    hugs
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Kayla Aimee! I love how you write...you make me giggle. I think we can all relate to the bills/mailman. ha :)

    ReplyDelete